- To establish and implement a community-based Woodens River Watershed Environmental Plan which will ensure long term protection of the natural qualities of the local watershed.
- To promote community involvement in management of the watershed.
- To raise community awareness of local environmental issues and to encourage feedback from the community.
- To set site-specific goals to maintain areas of high environmental quality and to improve poor or degraded areas.
- To interact with other activities, groups and agencies in order to improve human and natural environmental conditions within the Woodens River Watershed.