On February 5, 2013, representatives of the five groups that played a leading role in the protection of the Five Bridge Lakes Wilderness Area (FBLWA) via the Chebucto Wilderness Committee agreed to form a Community Stewardship Coalition to work with Nova Scotia Environment to share plan, initiate, prioritize, fund, implement, and coordinate projects in the newly protected Five Bridge Lakes Wilderness Area.
The five groups formally signed the Coalition’s Charter at a community workshop at the St. Margaret Sailing Club on March 16, 2013. The five groups are
- Beechville Lakeside Timberlea Rails to Trails Association (BLT R2T)
- Five Bridge Wilderness Heritage Trust (FBWHT)
- Safety-Minded ATV Association
- St. Margaret’s Bay Stewardship Association (SMBSA)
- Woodens River Watershed Environmental Organization (WRWEO)